We also highly recommend visiting the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) website, an incredible resource chock full of helpful, educational and technical tools, as well as recent trends and news centered around the spray foam industry.
If you did not already know, the SPFA develops tools designed to educate and influence the construction industry with the positive benefits of spray foam roofing, insulation, coatings and specialty installations. And while it is a completely independent trade association, SPFA has a strong relationship with the American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) Center for Polyurethanes Industry (CPI), along with the Sprayfoam Coalition. These organizations have assisted the SPFA to better serve the spray foam industry’s business needs on local, state and national issues.
Here are just some of the great programs and services available via the SPFA:
- SPFA Certification – SPFA offers a professional spray foam certification program (PCP). Consensus developed, industry led and ANSI/ISO 17024 standards driven, this program offers multiple certification levels for both insulation and roofing professionals.
- Technical Services – SPFA maintains multiple technical committees, including:
- Building Envelope Committee
- Roofing Committee
- Safety Committee
- Technical Oversight Committee
- SPFA also provides opportunities to the industry to partake in technical research and development projects, which substantiate current and future industry positions.
- Convention – SPFA offers an annual convention highlighting informational break out sessions, an exhibit hall packed with product and service providers, as well as a celebration of the year’s best projects in the Annual National Contractors Excellence Awards.
- Advocacy – SPFA engages on its members’ behalf in advocacy at the state and federal levels. Predominately, the organization has focused upon working with U.S. EPA and other federal agency partners on environment, and health and safety related issues. Also, at the federal level, SPFA works with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) on issues of efficiency and performance.
Intech Equipment and Supply was founded in 1995, and has since grown to become the leader in spray foam insulation equipment, mobile spray foam rigs and parts supplier. With locations all across the U.S., we are available when you need us most.