The following speakers will deliver presentations on a range of timely topics, sharing their research papers with meeting attendees, and participating in dialogues about the future of the coatings industry:
- “Advanced Elastomeric Cool Roof Coatings for Highly Weatherable Stay-Clean Coatings,” Rick Miner, Arkema Coating Resins.
- “Development of the Roof Coatings Product Category Rule (PCR),” Benjamin Borns and Doug Mazeffa, KST Coatings.
- “Hybrid Silyated Polyurethane Prepolymer Designed for High Performance Roof Coatings,” Misty Huang, Momentive Performance Materials.
- “Life Cycle Cost Analysis Using Roof Coatings, a Study in Sustainable Roofing,” William A. Kirn, Roof Technology Management Inc.
- “Reducing Peak Electrical Demand with Reflective Roofs,” Jim Hoff, TEGNOS Research Inc. and Andre Desjarlais, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- “Roof Preservation or Roof Restoration with Coatings: Thin or Thick Film?” Joe Rokowski, Insulating Coatings Corp.
- “Simulating Three Years of Roofing Material Weathering in a Mere Three Days,” Carolyn Richter, Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC).
- “The Costs and Benefits of Sustainable Roofing on Affordable Housing,” Keith Glassbrook, Capital E/Global Cool Cities Alliance (GCCA).
- “The New Green Scene Challenge: Material Health and Ingredient Disclosure,” Lorraine Ross, Intech Consulting Inc.
- “Understanding and Improving Ponded Water Performance,” Victoria Demarest, The Dow Chemical Co.
- “Your First Step to Success – Substrate Preparation,” Jim Arnold, Kemper System America.
The conference starts on Monday, July 18 and continues through Wednesday, July 20. Prior to the conference, attendees can participate in a golf outing or volunteer in a roof coatings project with the Energy Coordinating Agency (ECA); these activities will take place concurrently on Monday, July 18. The conference will officially begin with an opening reception on Monday evening and will conclude with a keynote presentation from RCI, Inc. and Paul Bromfield, GAF, on Wednesday afternoon, July 20.
RCMA is the national trade association representing manufacturers of asphaltic and solar reflective roof coatings and the suppliers to the roof coatings industry. RCMA and the Reflective Roof Coatings Institute (RRCI) have merged into one industry association that continues to advance, promote, and expand the national and international market for roof coatings through education, outreach, technical advancement and advocacy.
Early registration is now open for the conference. Register by May 6 to take advantage of early registration rates. For more information on RCMA activities, programs, and initiatives, visit www.roofcoatings.org.
At Intech Equipment & Supply, we specialize in offering the leading commercial roofing equipment.