In fact, it’s not uncommon to hear that a contractor spent over six figures to get into business, only to quickly become frustrated that they have very little – or no – work.
In today’s marketing environment, it’s no secret that it’s all about online visibility. After all, when people use Google to search for products and services, the businesses that show up at the top of the search results are most likely to be successful.
With this in mind, it should go without saying that every SPF contractor should have a website. However, while digital marketing may be the biggest part of the promotional mix these days, there is still true value in good, old-fashioned advertising and networking.
Today’s smart spray foam contractors develop literature, talk to and educate local homeowners, facility owners, builders, and architects about the many advantages and energy-saving benefits of spray foam.
Here are some things to keep in mind in order to get your spray foam business noticed:
- Make sure potential customers know about your company and how to contact you. In addition to your business name, a phone number, email and website address are also crucial details.
- If have a company logo, show it off wherever you can. Additionally, if you have a slogan, let potential customers know what it is. Your brand says a lot about what your company stands for and provides.
- Does your company only apply SPF insulation or does it install foam roofs, as well? Do you target businesses, homeowners or both? Let people know.
- Use the Art of Persuasion. It’s nice to explain what a product is, but it’s better to explain what it does. Prospective customers aren’t strictly looking for spray foam itself; they want the measurable results, including lower energy bills that spray foam can provide. Don’t be shy about promoting spray foam’s wide range of benefits.
- Imagery is one of the most powerful forms of communication, and in an era when many people aren’t fully aware of foam and its benefits large-scale, spray graphics can help send an effective message. Powerful images prominently displayed on your spray foam trailer or rig can include: installed foam, finished assemblies, applicators spraying material or even building exteriors.
Intech Equipment and Supply is a full service spray foam equipment and related parts supplier. Our online store features an array of industry manufacturers, providing the best in trusted industry equipment and backed by our expert service. Shop equipment for spray foam insulation, spray foam equipment parts and spray foam trailers and rigs, as well as traditional roofing equipment and safety equipment.