Used or New: What Should You Do?
The first question you should really try to answer is: “Should I buy used or new when it comes a spray foam rig?”
Here’s our professional opinion: if the decision is based on price alone, it would be a no-brainer, buy a used spray foam rig.
Yet, there are often many other factors to consider. Here are some things to think about when buying used spray foam equipment:
- The overall condition of a spray foam rig. Has the equipment been properly maintained? Are there actual maintenance records to read through?
- What is included? Is all of the spray foam equipment included with the rig, such as a reactor, transfer pumps, heated hoses, a spray foam gun, an air compressor, an air dryer, tool cabinets, dip tubes and so on? If not, keep in mind that the costs for these items can add up quickly.
- Spray foam equipment capacity. Is the rig’s reactor powerful enough? What about the hoses, are they a sufficient length to help you complete the anticipated projects you have?
- Performance levels. Is the equipment inside the spray foam rig operating at an acceptable level? Has the spray foam equipment been properly inspected?
- Seller reputation. Are you purchasing the used equipment from a reputable source? Will they guarantee the products and help you if you have any issues?
These are just a few of the factors you may want to consider in order to make an informed decision when purchasing a used spray foam rig.
Intech Equipment and Supply operates as both an industry recognized roofing supplier working with trusted manufacturers like Graco, and also as a used equipment supplier.