There is no question that having easy access to affordable, quality, used Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) insulation equipment and supplies can make all the difference in your business’ overall productivity and profit.
Many SPF contractors today choose to buy used spray foam equipment for the obvious affordability factor. Some providers often price used equipment as much as 50 percent off of the cost of equivalent new equipment.
They also purchase used spray foam systems because:
- When you buy used spray foam equipment from a distributor like Intech Equipment & Supply, it has been completely refurbished and provides a trusted warranty.
- If you have superb mechanical skills and good experience with SPF equipment repair and maintenance, then used spray foam guns and used spray foam machines may be a good fit.
- If you do not need your equipment right away, buying used spray foam systems can be the way to go. With this approach, you can carefully take all of the time need to inspect it and make any necessary repairs.
Before you decide to buy used spray foam equipment, one significant factor to consider is that some older pieces can be challenging to find replacement parts. If you end up finding an older piece of used equipment that seems to be in pretty good condition, such as a used spray foam gun or used spray foam machine, you might find out that the required parts are no longer available anywhere.
Keeping this issue in mind, the lesson learned here is always to verify that that model’s parts, along with knowledgeable troubleshooting support, are still available.
If you prefer to invest in used spray foam equipment, there are some questions you should ask any seller before signing on the dotted line:
- How old is the spray foam equipment?
- How has it held up over time? Are there any obvious issues?
- How long ago did the previous owner last use the equipment?
- Are there any repairs required before you can use the equipment?
- Has the equipment been appraised in the last year?
At Intech Equipment & Supply, our team of expert technicians also suggests thinking about the following aspects of investing in used SPF equipment:
- Inquire about the used equipment’s last service date.
- Find out if the previous owner flushed the used spray machine and fluid hoses before storage.
- Look at the used equipment’s fluids, oils, and filters, including generators, air dryers, and dryer filters.
- Make sure that all hoses and connections have no signs of decay.
- Check to see that the filters in a used spray machine do not have any signs of crystallization.
- Be aware of any signs of deterioration to used spray guns.
The Key to Buying Used Spray Foam Equipment
If you are investing in used spray foam equipment, it is critical that you are diligent and thorough as you cautiously navigate through the research and inspection process.
Before you tackle your next SPF project, we suggest that you check out our diverse inventory of used spray foam equipment to help update your current inventory of tools, or replace any missing or worn parts. We offer quality used spray foam equipment to help you get the job done right, without breaking the bank.
At times, it may make more sense to purchase used spray foam equipment rather than new equipment. You may also find that you need to trade in your used spray foam equipment for credit towards other essential tools and materials.
Depending up what is available in our current stock, you can often find quality new and used spray foam guns, used spray foam machines, mobile spray rigs, safety equipment, and much more.
Let our team of experts help you identify your SPF business’ current equipment needs, and match them with the right spray foam equipment. Contact us today for more information.