With the use of Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) expected to increase in the coming decades, the American Chemistry Council’s Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) is picking up the pace on product stewardship projects aimed to enrich professional workers’ understanding of both the benefits of SPF and safe use during installation.
Whether you are a SPF contractor or applicator, an assistant to building/construction professionals or any other related-job, it’s vital to have a clear understanding of the spray foam industry, as well as know the benefits of SPF, so when you are speaking with clients, you can always share the latest information.
Here are some SPF benefits we suggest you highlight to prospective and current customers alike. SPF offers a:
- Reduction in house drafts and noise, increasing comfort level
- Energy bill savings
- Reduction in heating and air conditioning system size
- Chance to minimize air infiltration that can create condensation, often resulting in mold growth
- Barrier against the entry of various insects and pests
- Chance to resist settling due to its general stability
- Qualification options for rebates, tax credits and green certification