The spray foam gun is where the spray foam chemicals are combined to create spray foam. But without properly cleaning and maintaining your spray foam guns, they won’t function properly or last long. Because good spray foam guns come at a premium, knowing the proper way to use and maintain them is essential to run a thriving spray foam business.
At Intech Equipment and Supply, we sell high-quality new and used spray foam guns that are necessary for precise applications for jobs of all volume scales. Our sales team has hands-on experience in the SPF industry and can recommend the best spray foam guns for your application needs.
Here are some of our tips for using spray foam guns successfully:
Though every gun has its specific design and instructions, there are a few universal operational factors to keep in mind.
- Safety First: Purchase industry-approved safety gear to cover your face, eyes, and skin. Do not commence any project without protecting yourself first.
- Choose your Tips Wisely: The type of gun and tip you’ll need depends on the nature of the upcoming project. If you need help selecting your tips, talk to our customer service staff today.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Just as with any skill, you’ll need to practice with your selected gun and tip to apply spray foam evenly. The weight of your spray foam gun and type of spray tip will affect how you hold the gun and handle its movements. The material expands quickly, so it takes precision and control to apply and even depth of spray foam.
- Set the Environment: It’s important to keep the air temperature in the recommended range of 75 to 85 degrees for the best results.
- Know how to troubleshoot problems: Jams are one of the most common grievances, even the operators of top quality guns have. Because polyurea is a viscous material that dries quickly, this problem can happen after interrupted use. Generally, troubleshooting this issue has the contractor start at the most accessible source of the issue, like the nozzle, and work their way onward until they identify the reason.
It’s also a best practice to always have at least two spray foam guns at your disposal during a job. If one needs troubleshooting, you can get another team member going to finish the job on time with the spare unit.
Keep Your Spray Foam Guns Free of Debris
If you don’t keep your guns free of debris, you won’t be able to apply spray foam evenly. Because every model has its own unique set of parts and makeup, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for maintenance strictly.
- For example, The Graco AP Fusion gun manual recommends a set of daily, weekly, monthly, and as-needed maintenance. Its daily maintenance includes the shutdown procedure which involves depressurization and greasing.
Following the appropriate shutdown procedure after use is important for any type of spray foam gun. A common cause of poor performance is leaving a gun overnight without cleaning it after a day of use. Being diligent with timely and thorough maintenance can spare you hours of extra cleanup and wasted money from buying new equipment.
Getting A Good Spray Foam Gun Makes All The Difference
Regardless of how diligent your maintenance and operation are, if you choose a low-quality gun, you’ll be paying for it later with more frequent interruptions, breakdowns, and poor performance. Getting a good product from the start will help you apply spray foam better.
At Intech Equipment and Supply, we sell the best spray foam guns and also have a complete database of parts, manuals, diagrams, and operational instructions. Our customer service staff are highly experienced in the spray foam industry and can help you over the phone. We can also send a tech or replacement parts to you within 24 hours because we have convenient locations throughout the continental United States.
Spray Foam Guns For Sale
These spray foam gun tips are just a sample of the information available on our website. Intech Equipment and Supply is a proud distributor of spray foam guns and other equipment.
Contact us to see what’s new and what custom spray foam rigs, machines, guns, and accessories can enrich your spray foam business.