Spray foam has been changing the way we build, protect, and insulate buildings since its entry into the commercial construction market. It has gained even more momentum since the 1980s as more people see the benefits it offers over fiberglass insulation.
Spray polyurethane foam insulation is an efficient air sealer and waterproofing agent. It is durable and long-lasting and is a robust alternative to fiberglass insulation. It is also versatile since it can be used in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. As spray foam equipment and application best practices continue to evolve, contractors are finding they can complete all types and sizes of insulation projects with greater ease and confidence.
Graco is a well-known name in the spray foam market and has a reputation for offering top-quality equipment, parts and accessories. Since Intech Equipment and Supply has been named a Top 20 Graco Distributor for the past 10 years, it is an excellent source for the best and latest Graco spray equipment for commercial use. It carries models that commercial contractors depend on to complete small- and large-scale projects to clients’ specifications—even on a tight schedule. This is how Graco spray machines can be used in common commercial SPF applications.
Why Spray Foam for Commercial Buildings?
In business, every dollar counts, so it is no surprise that business owners request energy-efficient materials like spray foam for their warehouses and offices. Contractors use it because it is the ultimate modern insulation solution. It provides multiple benefits in one: exterior insulation, thermal insulation, an air barrier, and a water-resistant barrier.
In recent years, sustainability has been a major focus for businesses. SPF insulation for roofing and insulation helps make buildings more durable. It’s high R-value also reduces energy loss, which means building owners spend less on overhead costs and use less energy to maintain comfortable internal temperatures. Other benefits include improved air quality, more design flexibility during construction and the strength to withstand severe weather.
Commercial Applications for Spray Foam
Spray foam’s benefits have made it a key player in efficient building design and part of a standard commercial construction project. It appeals to commercial use in both the private and public sectors. These are examples of top commercial applications.
Insulating Perimeter Walls:
- Since SPF sets quickly and expands, it seals and covers spaces within walls. When it is fully set, it can increase the wall shear and racking strength up to 3 times compared to other insulation methods, which means the system is better able to resist wind loads.
- SPF insulation also reduces sound distribution between rooms — a vital feature for hotels, apartments, and offices, and fills in wall cavities for even more protective support.
- Spray foam is waterproof as well as strong, which makes it an ideal commercial roofing material. It reduces installation time as well as labor costs, and a reflective SPF roof also reduces energy expenses and makes the building more resistant to hail, wind, and water damage.
- Since it offers the highest R-value per inch, spray foam keeps commercial building interiors comfortable while using less heating and air conditioning.
Protective Specialty Coatings:
- Graco spray machines can also apply elastomeric protective coatings to protect surfaces like roofs, storage containers, and walls to reduce damage from UV rays and increase the longevity of structures.
Air & Water Barrier:
- Spray foam insulation expands and sets quickly to form a powerful waterproof and air-tight sealant. This stops heat and cool air from escaping and prevents air from outside from leaking in.
- Since air leakage is a major source of higher energy bills, this improvement has the potential to offer significant financial benefits to commercial building operators.
- Less air leakage makes buildings less susceptible to mold, pollutants, and allergens, which can make people sick.
Other Commercial Applications:
- Refrigerated warehouses
- Insulating commercial pipes and ducts — both above and below ground
- Coating Tanks
- Coating Storage containers and vessels
- Truck bodies
- Concrete lifting
- Below-grade insulation for basements or foundations
Recommended Graco Spray Equipment
Graco spray machines offer a wide variety of specs to meet the SPF contractors’ diverse application needs. From entry-level models to high-output hydraulic machines, Graco’s spray machines and equipment are valuable to busy SPF contractors. Graco’s spray equipment inventory offers many options, but two models for commercial applications stand out.
- The Gusmer GH-2 hydraulic proportioner is a powerful, economic, yet durable machine that attracts many contractors because of its impressive performance and incredible value. It is highly versatile as well, and a favorite for concrete lifting.
- SPF Professionals have trusted the Reactor and Reactor 2 series for over two decades. This classic line, with its next-generation Reactor 2 series, includes a variety of reliable equipment to apply spray foam for many types of commercial jobs, including roofing and protective coatings.
Graco Spray Foam Machines and Equipment for Sale At Intech Equipment & Supply
If you are interested in purchasing a Graco spray machine, contact our sales team today. Until December 2020, you can take advantage of our convenient financing options. For more information, check out our financing calculator.
Contact us. Our team is ready to meet your unique Graco spray equipment and accessory needs.