If you apply spray foam but also make money as a painting contractor, your spray foam equipment does double duty. This extra income stream makes you a more versatile contractor and more valuable to clients. After all, why hire two different contractors for paint and for spray foam insulation work when you can use the same one for both? If you are looking into applying other coatings beyond spray foam, Intech offers the best sprayers on the market, and many come from Graco, one of our top brands.
You do not need to make many changes to accommodate both spray foam and paint jobs. You can use some of the same spray foam parts and accessories for your painting business. So whether you use the convenient Graco GH-733ES for spray painting jobs or maintain a Graco Big Rig for large coating jobs, Intech has everything you need. These are our top recommendations for spray foam equipment and parts for your painting business.
Every painting contractor should have essential safety equipment available to protect the eyes, skin, and lungs. We recommend having preventative care and emergency first aid items available on every job, ensuring that you and your crew have access to immediate care, which can reduce the severity of an injury. These are some essential safety equipment items you need.
- First Aid Kit
- Eye Wash
- Face Masks
- Protective Suits
- Foot Coverings
- Shoes with Excellent Traction
Paint sprayers should be maintained regularly to avoid premature wear and tear. With proper maintenance, you will experience fewer delays and less downtime. However, this does not mean you should be unprepared. You can order spare parts to fix your sprayer as needed or keep these essential parts in your rig just in case.
- Spare filters
- Replacement sprayer tips
- Extra spray guns
- Spare hardware
To get the most accurate parts for your sprayer, refer to the expanded diagrams attached to each product on our website. You may also speak to one of our experts to get top spare part recommendations for the model you own. This ensures that you can quickly repair the problem and move on if anything unforeseen happens.
Every spray foam and painting rig should have a workstation where you can store maintenance equipment and make minor repairs. Having a flat, stable surface makes it easy to clean off debris and clean paint sprayers to prevent buildup. We also recommend keeping a good stock of cleaners and maintenance equipment so they are always available if you need them.
These are our top recommendations:
- Solvents to clean your sprayers from debris after each job.
- Sandpaper to remove caked-on debris.
- Buckets and rags for general cleanup—for your equipment and at the job site.
- Throat Seal Liquid (TSL) fluid to prevent paint from drying onto surfaces.
- Oil for your various machinery, such as compressors.
- Filters that are compatible with your equipment model to prevent clogs and buildup.
While painting, you will find you need various general contracting tools. You may notice a loose baseboard and caulk it back into place to make your results look even better, or you might need a screwdriver or plumber’s wrench to tackle an unexpected issue. With a wide range of general contracting tools and equipment in your rig, you can take care of these problems quickly and easily and deliver better results. These are our recommendations for tools and accessories that you should have in your spray foam painting rig.
- Tarp to protect floors as you paint.
- 3-in-1 tool to open valves in your sprayer gun and other equipment.
- Goof-off paint remover for those “oops” moments.
- Caulking guns and paintable adhesive caulk for baseboards and much more.
- Ladders and scaffolds to reach high areas.
- Duct tape — you only miss it when you don’t have it.
- Painting extension poles for when you do not want to use a ladder.
- Hammer, nails, screws, nuts, and bolts to fix minor issues so you can go above and beyond clients’ needs.
Spray foam machines and paint sprayers are significant investments. If you need the best painting equipment immediately, take advantage of our in-house financing options. We have payment plans available if you need to finance a new or used spray foam rig, a new Graco Big Rig, or a gas hydraulic sprayer. For more information, check out our financing calculator.
We have the painting and spray foam machines, parts, and accessories you need to grow your business. Contact us to discuss your painting and spray foam equipment needs.