If you want to take your spray foam business startup to the next level, then you need some key equipment in your rig. What is the most critical equipment you need for your spray foam business? Here are the best spray foam machines, spray foam guns, hoses, and support equipment that your rig needs to succeed. You can find everything like this at Intech Equipment and Supply.
The Right-Sized Spray Foam Rig
Spray foam rigs protect your equipment and keep them organized for safe transit. This valuable transport saves you time and offers a safe place to work and maintain your equipment. When you add a spray foam rig to your spray foam insulation business, you can keep your gear out of the rain and also have a dependable base to house your equipment.
There are many types of spray foam rigs to accommodate different volume needs and job types. The right rig for you depends on your specific needs. If you are unsure about whether you need a box truck, trailer, gooseneck trailer, or mini rig for your spray foam business, ask to speak with one of our experts. Be sure to also talk about door configuration. Barn-style doors are easier for tight spaces and keep the interior cleaner compared to a ramp, but ramps can be convenient for contractors who need to frequently haul heavy equipment in and out of the rig.
In construction sites, shore power is not always guaranteed. This is why a generator should be part of your rig if you plan to work in diverse sites. Graco, one of the world’s leading SPF manufacturers, shares some criteria to determine generator size:
- List all your system’s components and add up their peak load requirements in watts. Then, add up the total wattage.
- Multiply this figure by 1.25 to determine the total required kilovolt amperes kVA.
- Your generator’s size should be equal to or greater than the calculated kVA.
Your spray foam machine’s power cords should also meet or exceed the kVA requirement. Getting the wrong cords will cause voltage fluctuations and can damage your electrical equipment. If you need help selecting the right power cords and generator for your spray foam insulation business, contact our expert team today.
Spray Foam Machine with Advanced Controls and Data Tracking
Modern applications of spray foam require modern equipment. The top manufacturers are coming out with products that meet the demands of busy contractors who rely on digital communication to get the job done. Here are two of the most advanced machines on the market from leading brands.
- PMC’s latest generation of spray foam machines, the PHX40 and PHDX-2, integrate modern solutions into tried-and-true SPF technology. These machines offer data tracking and alert users when routine maintenance is recommended.
- The Graco Reactor 2 line is fully compatible with smartphones to allow remote monitoring and control through an app. There are also other useful automated features, like the Reactor 2 Ratio Assurance System, which makes sure that the A and B materials stay on ratio.
Spray Foam Guns
Your spray foam setup requires spray foam guns that are right for your type of work and skill level. Overall, lightweight air purge guns are the most straightforward and suited for newcomers to SPF. They are also excellent for contractors who work in residential and light commercial work. Other types of guns, like mechanical purge or solvent purge models, are made for contractors that need a variety of flow rates during a project. This type is better suited for an experienced contractor with an established spray foam insulation business.
- Lightweight and easy to use: When you need to take care of light jobs and need a simple spray foam gun, look to the industry’s leading brands. PMC’s AP-3 is one of the lightest air purge guns in the spray foam industry, along with its new PMC XTREME spray gun that combines the best features of the AP-2 and AP-3. Carlisle’s ST-1 spray foam gun is also lightweight and easy to handle, making it a good choice for new contractors.
- Versatility of flow and easy chamber switches: When it comes to heavy-duty jobs that require maximum versatility, look to Graco spray foam guns. Graco’s Fusion guns offer a variety of options to suit different needs, such as the Fusion Pro Connect, which allows a perfect rebuild in seconds. If you want less downtime for big projects, check out what Graco has to offer.
Last but not least, do not forget to keep safety equipment in your rig. Fire extinguishers, a first aid kit, goggles, protective suits, eyewash, gloves, shoe coverings, masks, and more should be accessible at all times. Make sure to have multiple changes for protective gear so that you can outfit your crew without having to make multiple trips.
Spray Foam Insulation Equipment for Sale at Intech Equipment & Supply
Intech Equipment and Supply is a leading supplier of top spray foam equipment brands like Graco and PMC. We are proud to offer the latest spray foam insulation technology for all your contracting needs, big or small. If you are interested in finding new equipment for your spray foam insulation business, speak with our sales team today. Also, take advantage of our convenient financing options. For more information, check out our financing calculator.
Whether you have a spray foam business startup or an established spray foam business, our team is ready to help. Contact us to discuss your unique equipment and accessory needs.