Graco is a successful company that has established itself as a leader in many sectors of construction. In business for over 100 years, Graco products have consistently been on the front lines, pioneering new solutions to improve the way we do work. From the first airless sprayer to the revolutionary Reactor spray foam series, contractors have leveraged Graco equipment to make the most of their time and money.
Graco’s Big Rig series, also known as the GH-series, is a highly versatile product line that can apply many different kinds of coatings. In the roofing industry, the GH series is especially useful in applying coatings to fortify residential and commercial roofs quickly. Instead of applying coatings manually, the GH-series can cover a lot of ground and even atomize challenging materials to improve a contractor’s efficiency and results. Here are other ways contractors leverage a Graco big rig in the roofing industry.
In all types of businesses, the term leverage means to use something to the maximum advantage. Leveraging every tool and asset is key to increasing profits and ensuring the happiness of your staff and clients. When there is a healthy balance in your business’ ecosystem, factors like workflow, downtime, and the quality of results are at the best levels.
Overall, this means that a Graco product should be used to create the best possible results while decreasing the total cost of ownership.
Did you know that the initial cost only makes up 10% of the total cost of ownership of equipment? This means that factors like maintenance, efficiency, and quality results influence around 90% of the cost of using a piece of equipment. Therefore, the best way contractors can leverage equipment is by picking good sprayers that are known for their durability and quality.
The Graco Big Rig (GH) series is a family of gas hydraulic sprayers that come with outstanding components that are intended to reduce downtime and increase efficiency. It is a huge asset for roofers, saving them time and reducing the frequency of routine maintenance. The GH series has some or all of these features depending on the model:
- Powerful Honda Engine
- Endurance MaxLife or Chromex Pump
- High-Capacity Cooling System
- QuikReel Hose Management System
- ProConnect Pump Change System
- Crushproof Inlet Strainer
- Easy Out Filter
- Heavy-Duty Prime Valve
- Durable Cart Design
Getting into the fine details of each feature requires a detailed manual, but in the big picture, these sprayers are designed to save you a lot of time and break down less. For example, the ProConnect Pump Change System is designed so that the user can change a pump in less than one minute. This means you spend less on labor due to the time you gain from less downtime.
The Easy Out Filter is shaped like a tube, working from the inside out to prevent filter collapse — a common problem in less sophisticated sprayers. Even the small details like reeling in a hose are taken into consideration with the QuikReel Hose Management system, which deploys and rewinds up to 300 feet of hose in seconds. This all combines to save you time so that you can focus on what matters: getting the job done.
The less often you have to stop to fix faulty equipment or correct mistakes means that you progress through your schedule more quickly. It also ensures that you do not wear down your equipment as quickly.
The GH-series can apply a vast number of materials that assist with different types of roofing projects. Here are a few examples from our best sellers and what they can apply. Many of these coatings are vital to fortify commercial and residential roofs:
- GH-733ES: Acrylics, Block Filler, Coal Tar, Contact Cement, Elastomeric, Enamel, Epoxies, Fibered Aluminum Emulsion, Fibered Asphalt Emulsion, Mastics, Non-Fibered Aluminum Emulsion, Non-Fibered Asphalt Emulsion, Paint, Polyester, Polyurethane, Primer, Texture Mud, and Waterproofing.
- GH-833: Acrylics, Block Filler, Coal Tar, Contact Cement, Enamel, Elastomeric, Epoxies, Fibered Aluminum Emulsion, Fibered Asphalt Emulsion, Mastics, Non-Fibered Aluminum Emulsion, Non-Fibered Asphalt Emulsion, BURmastics, Paint, Polyester, Polyurethane, Primer, Texture Mud, and Waterproofing.
- GH-933: Acrylics, Block Filler, Coal Tar, Contact Cement, Elastomeric, Enamel, Epoxies, Epoxy Mastics, Fibered Aluminum Emulsion, Fibered Asphalt Emulsion, Intumescent, Mastics, Non-Fibered Aluminum Emulsion, Non-Fibered Asphalt Emulsion, Paint, Polyester, Polyurethane, Primer, Silicon, Texture Mud, and Waterproofing.
- GH-300: Acrylics, Dry Fall, Drywall Mud, Elastomer, Gypsum, Paint, and Primers (Standard and ProContractor Series).
Intech Equipment and Supply is proud to offer the latest spray foam insulation technology for all your contracting needs, big or small. If you are interested in buying a Graco roof rig or insulation equipment, speak with our sales team today. Also, take advantage of our convenient financing options. For more information, check out our financing calculator.
Contact us. Our team is ready to meet your unique equipment and accessory needs.