The application of spray foam insulation has been a game-changer for both residential and commercial buildings. While many residential contractors can maintain a steady workflow with entry-level and mid-volume producing equipment, most commercial spray foam contractors need specialized spray foam equipment to handle large volume jobs.
Without the right equipment, contractors will experience delays, downtime, and frustration due to insufficient supplies or equipment. To prevent these problems which can reduce your productivity and profits, it is wise to choose the correct equipment for your commercial spray foam rig from the beginning.
Our customer service representatives can guide you towards the best decisions that will meet your unique contracting needs. We can help you with new or used equipment that can satisfy your desired daily volume requirements and price range. Every piece that we carry in our inventory is verified for functionality from manufacturers that we trust.
Here is the must-have equipment for your commercial spray foam rig:
1. A powerful Spray Foam Machine
Whether you pick a default rig or customize yours to your heart’s content, we highly suggest getting a spray foam machine with some serious production power. These are some of our top recommendations for busy commercial contractors.
PMC has been in business for over 15 years and knows what works for both residential and commercial spray foam contractors. The company actively manufactures three machines that are suited for common commercial needs:
- PHX- 25: This model offers a wider range of coating power compared to the residential-grade PMC machines. It is a great machine to explore for a commercial contractor that hovers between mid to high output jobs.
- PH– 40: If you’re a contractor who consistently does higher output roofing applications, this is our go-to pick.
- PHX-40: This spray foam machine is a powerhouse for high output coatings of various types and has a performance power similar to the PH-40.
- Note: For touch-ups, the new PMC PF/PFX-1600 proportioner provides savings compared to single-use kits. When you don’t want to bring out the big machines, this one can handle the small afterthoughts.
Graco is another brand that we often recommend to our clients. For high-output commercial jobs, we recommend hydraulic reactors. Graco hydraulic reactors provide consistent results and offer conveniences like the Graco InSite app, which allows operators to view data, diagnostics, and even control the machine remotely. Here are our top picks:
- Graco Reactor 2 H-30: This machine is designed to maximize your productivity. Its extremely high duty cycle ensures that you cover the most ground every workday.
- Graco Reactor 2 H-40: This model offers more output than the H-30. It is also known for its durability, long life, and dependability.
- Graco Reactor 2 H-XP2: This hydraulic proportioner offers an output between 5.7 to 10.6 liters/ minute, which makes it a dependable machine for contractors who fluctuate between mid-to-high volume work.
The productivity of your business highly depends on your machine. Get one that requires less maintenance, is easy to troubleshoot, and can provide you the power you need to get the job done on time.
2. Heated Hoses
Having a high-quality machine determines a large part of your business’s success, but you also need dependable accessories to keep your materials at peak condition. Heated hoses are a critical component to ensure the best results. They keep your spray foam materials at the right temperature to ensure the appropriate chemical reaction takes place.
- Graco Hoses: If you use a Graco spray foam machine, we recommend that you use Graco hoses, though it is possible to use other compatible hoses. Graco manufactures specialized copper-heated hoses with Graco proportioners in mind. They are covered with proprietary butyl to protect the materials against moisture and with foam insulation to retain heat.
- Akurate Dynamics heated hose: This product is compatible with any machine, including Graco models. Its unique segmented heated-zone technology makes working in cold climates less stressful.
3. Other Parts and Accessories
It takes a winning combination of equipment to make your commercial rig an efficient powerhouse. From the big-ticket items to the smallest details, everything works together to provide a more efficient and productive setup.
Even something as simple as storage can make a lasting impact. When you store your equipment properly with accessories like the Graco Hose Rack Kit, you can keep your rig organized and protect your hose from premature frays, punctures, and damage that can cause delays.
There is so much more to your rig that it would take a manual to describe all the valuable things to include. To get the main scoop on what spray foam guns, replacement parts, accessories, and other components that enhance the performance of your crew, give us a call. We’ll find you the right set up to protect all your equipment.
Commercial Spray Foam Rig For Sale
Intech Equipment and Supply is a full-service spray foam equipment and parts supplier. With all the options you have, you can customize a highly efficient commercial spray foam rig with us.
Contact us. We’d love to connect with you about your commercial spray foam equipment, rigs, and accessory needs.